• Corey Whelan

Lenders & The Furlough Scheme

With the furlough scheme now approaching its end in October 2020, Lenders are now adjusting their criteria on how they are dealing with those on the furlough scheme.

Original Approach

Different lenders approached the original scheme slightly differently but it was widely possible to find a lender that could take the 80% from the Furlough Scheme as income and in some cases if an employer was paying a top of the remaining 20% of the income then there were lenders that could also have taken this into account as well.

The New Changes

Now appearing to fall like dominoes the lenders all seem to be following a similar matching criteria in that the Furlough Scheme in itself is no longer an acceptable income. If there is no return to work date or letter from an employer. The income for that client will be £0. If there is a return to work date in place then the lenders would be willing to take the return to work salary as the income for the mortgage application. Meaning if your employer has informed you of when you will be returning to work then your income can be counted but if your employer can’t provide this for you then your income can’t be counted for the mortgage

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Brokers upbeat in face of third lockdown

Our Director, Corey Whelan - Mortgage & Protection Specialist, has comments featured in the Financial Times for his view on the mortgage market throughout the third national lockdown. The full article

Contact Us


Call: 01480 573110

Email: enquiries@cambs-money.co.uk

Follow Us

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

The guidance and/or advice contained within the website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore primarily targeted at customers in the UK.

Think carefully before securing debt against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up payments on your mortgage or any other loans secured on it.

Cambridgeshire Money Limited. Company Reg: 10768929. Registered Office: Fourth Floor Warwick House, 65 - 66 Queen Street, London, England, EC4R 1EB. Trading Office: Suite 2, 1st Floor, 37 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 3AQ Cambridgeshire Money Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Firm Reference 844485 and are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 1998 Registration No: ZA751515

Cambridgeshire Money is part of The Money Group

© 2020 Cambridgeshire Money

Website by Pixel Media Design Limited